The unique Australian rock sound of the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s.
Rick Grossman of the Hoodoo Gurus and I each pick three Australian songs that influenced and touched our hearts most.
Some interesting picks and Rick truly is an Aussie rock icon with two ARIA Hall of Fame Awards. As the bass player of Matt Finish, The Divinyls and the Hoodoo Gurus, Rick tells some intimate and emotional stories of some our most beloved Australian song writers and performers.
Here are Rick’s three picks in no particular order;
1) Kings of the World by Mississippi (1972)
2) Slave by James Reyne (1991)
3) Blue Hotel by Jimmy Barnes (2007)
And my three choices;
1) Cold Cold Change by Midnight Oil (1979)
2) Alone with You by the Sunny Boys (1980)
3) Short Note by Matt Finish (1981)
The list is by no means exhaustive and we could have added many more.
How about you add your own favourites to the list and we can play a few more.
Enjoy and let’s rejoice our amazing and unique Aussie heritage.